Thursday, September 10, 2009

ANOTHER RAINY DAY

It was a rainy and windy day. All afternoon I wanted to go for a walk. Now, after 5, with a glass of wine, up stairs on the computer.... no rain. I actually see blue sky above the fast moving clouds and know I should really go out for a while. But I'm so comfortable and I'll use the excuse that a bear walked through the yard today.

I'm loving the time of year. There is a relaxation of the activity of the summer.... friends who run a B&B stopped by today... the first time all summer they felt free to relax and visit. Another friend I talked to today took the day off and was reading a book. To me the storm outside is really rather invigorating to my senses. As everyone else is slowing down, I seem to find this a most productive time of year in the studio. I worked several hours on the commissioned piece I'd been avoiding for several weeks.... one inch at a time, and it is starting to look like what I have in mind.



This is from my studio window. The thermal-pane window from where I sit and paint has fogged up in the the last year and I haven't done much painting from it, and moved to the other one.... pretty much the same view. Some new color in the cottonwood and willow.

I don't have to feel guilty anymore for not going outside.... it's raining again.

No comments: