Saturday, September 19, 2009

ANOTHER "LOOSE" PAINTING

Another day without rain and I put the kayak in the river at the boat harbor an hour before a 19 foot tide and paddled up the river. I got as far as the log near Page's cabin. Its such a pleasant paddle, really easy going with the tide both ways. Several people fishing, some in waders and some on the banks; lots of birds. I met Chris and Julie in their kayaks on my way back down.

I was reluctant to put yesterday's painting on the blog.... when I do them so fast, they never look like what I want...... without time for washes to dry, things just run together and I lose the color and shape of things. Well here's another one done too fast.

This is what I painted in a very few minutes... I wanted to at least get the colors right and kind of did, but failed on the values.

No comments: