Sunday, July 29, 2018

Trip to Juneau


 I went to Juneau on Monday and spent that night at the Greuning Cabin with a friend who is doing a residency there.... I did a two week residency there last year.  I started this from the cabin around 6:30 pm.   I only  did the drawing.  Later, about 8:30 we went to the creek to watch for bears and I painted the sky and water.  There was a haze from from forest fires, making for the pink sky.  The next morning I painted the land mass as I remembered from earlier, which was more interesting than the almost one dark value later.


This was from my perch on the rocks where we watched two different bears come down to fish for chum salmon.  I saw another bear (or maybe one of the same) the next morning at about 6.



I sketch this while  coming home on the ferry Wednesday, looking towards Lena Point.  The drawing is way off as we were moving and each line was from a different view point or memory.  I painted it after I got home.

No comments: