Sunday, July 8, 2018

Beardsley Islands


4x6
  I left Bartlett Cove in my kayak on last Sunday with two friends, Bonnie and Carolyn, where we camped two nights on two different unnamed islands.
We left Bartlett Cove about 4 PM, paddled through "the cut" and landed on a small island  near the west end of Link Island. This is the view looking west at about 9 PM on Sunday night.  There were humpbacks beyond the first islands.

5x7

Here I was on the rocky beach looking east on Monday morning,


4x6

and here, looking more or less northwesterly.


4x6
We paddled North on Monday afternoon to our second campsite on another unnamed island.
This is Carolyn resting and reading that evening,

4x6.5


This is the view across the bay, Mt Crillion and Bertha in the distance, waiting for the sun to go down.  This is the second attempt, done at home, as the one done that night was way off.  This one isn't much better.


5x7

and Tuesday morning I drew these in ink as the wind was blowing them around.  I painted them after getting home.


4.5x4
Yesterday, I painted this from a photo that I took Tuesday morning of another island. 


1 comment:

Dory R. said...

I love the dark trees and their reflection in this one!