Wednesday, January 20, 2010

TWO LITTLE GOUACHE PAINTINGS

I needed to do something in color yesterday. Working on the monochromatic gouache studies has been getting monotonous.... just like the monochromatic landscape outside lately. I did these 2 little paintings from photos. Both were done on a manila colored paper.



This is Shelikof beach of Kruzof Island.... I did a larger watercolor of this last year but the bottom half of that painting got cropped.... I didn't nail the water coming in on the beach here either.


This is from a photo I took in Glacier Bay in October when Van and I were up there fishing. I think near the mouth of Geike. I'm not happy with the rocks.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Both are Lovely studies, your scenery is so inspiring and I enjoy your work very much.

Carole Baker said...

Thank you, Sandy. I enjoy your work too.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work its really amazing. thanks for the designs shared here. It would sounds great. By the way have you heard about Postcard Ninjas where I found varieties of designs with attractive colors in which I have impressed a lot.