Friday, October 30, 2009

A PAINTING FROM A PHOTO


I took the photo I used for this about a month ago from my kayak. From the kayak, I painted the same view which you can see here. I'm not sure I captured what I wanted to.... the fireweed seedheads were what caught my eye, in contrast to the trees and beach grass below.... probably should darken up the area just under the seedheads. I've always have trouble painting grass. I used masking fluid for this one. I'm going to try painting this again with gouache

4 comments:

Sandy said...

It is Lovely, and I know what you mean about not catching what you desire. Always a struggle for me. the water reflections are fabulous too.

Carole Baker said...

It seems the quick ones sometimes capture what I'm trying for more than the ones I struggle on for a long time. I just added a link to one I did in just a few minutes from my kayak in September of the same view.

r garriott said...

Very nice! The transparency of the watercolor works so well on the tall grass and refections.

Carole Baker said...

Thank you Sandy and R. This one is starting to look a little better to me.