Tuesday, July 4, 2006

TODAY IS THE 4TH OF JULY

I've been away from the internet for a few days. The last time I was on, it was so slow, I gave up before my email loaded. It seems to be a little faster tonight, maybe because half the town is celebrating the 4th.


On Sunday, Carolyn E. and I walked up the hydro road. They've gone a lot further with the construction than the first time we walked, back in April. The views are awesome. I sketched this while Carolyn climbed up past where the road is finished. It's looking out at Icy Strait and P. Island. The sun came out while we were walking.... finally after what has seemed like weeks of overcast and rain.

We went off the road on a bear trail up to a huge muskeg and ate lunch. We could have walked for miles in open meadow. Lots of flowers in bloom.


Last night (Monday), I biked down to the beach and set on the log near the orchids and watched the sun go down. This is the first little painting I did there.


....and this one I did, of Mt. Fairweather, just as the sun was setting about 10 o'clock. The real show came while I was riding home... pastel shades of blue and pink in the south.


I worked at the gallery today, 2:30 til 5:30. A few people drifted over from the festivities at the park. I set outside most of the time, read my book and painted this of some of the houses across the river.

No comments: